Monday, March 24, 2008

Get ready to fly

Waiting for the final approval from Emirates was so tedious. Every 10 seconds checking emails, too frightened to leave the phone...utterly ridiculous. So when in a situation like this, one must take it into their own hands. So the endless calls to Dubai began.

I don't know what was more frustrating, waiting for Emirates to call or trying to get through on the phone only to be put through to someones message bank to discover their mailbox was full. After about 20 calls I finally spoke to someone who could help to see if my medical was ok and final approval granted.

Finally Final Approval granted...just one hiccup, my DOJ had suddenly moved forward a week. I was leaving in 5 days!!! After an email enquiring as to my DOJ it was confirmed there had been a mix up and my DOJ was actually the 04/04/08. PHEW!!

I am so excited to go...only 9 more sleeps!! I already have a bag packed!! Now it is time to catch up with family and friends, drink myself senseless with farewell beverages and simply enjoy the time I have at home until the 4th.

No comments: